Saturday, September 1, 2012

Cleaning out my closet...

Woke up with this morning with a bug to finally clean our ridiculously messy closet and the areas around it. We have this corner in our bedroom that has my grandmother's rocking chair in it and it has become overrun with clothes, bags, shoes, etc. I was tired of looking at the mess so I decided to do something about it. In the midst of my cleaning, I made an even bigger mess and I'm exhausted. But I did get more accomplished than the room implies. I'll get up again soon and get back to work. For now, I just had to take a break, get in a little writing and maybe waste a little time on a guilty pleasure or two (e.g. Mahjong on Facebook or maybe an episode of Dawson's Creek on Netflix). Either way, time well spent if you ask me.

I also finally managed to get the carpet vacuumed. I have been putting that off far too long. House chores are such a pain but in the end, I'm proud of the work I've done and will continue to do between now and the inevitable return to work on Tuesday. Ick, let's not talk about that. It's the weekend. *joy*

Maybe a Diet Cherry Dr Pepper is in order to go along to my mid-day break. Yes, I think I'll have some.

No comments:

Post a Comment