Sunday, August 26, 2012

Inspiration...

I wrote the fiance an email this morning that I hope came as a total surprise as it was written on the fly with no intention of eliciting any kind of response whatsoever. I just wanted to send him something nice to remind him of how I feel about him. It might sound ridiculous but sometimes we all need a reminder, even when we already know how the other person feels.

But as a writer, I have to admit, I hope he liked it. I crave a good critique occasionally. I miss writing for a living and am desperate for someone to tell me whether or not I am even still any good.

I found myself bragging to him the other night about how when I worked for the newspaper, I have 3 bylines on the front page of one issue. That was a good career day. But it never happened again. Not because the boss didn't believe in me or anything like that. It just wasn't the best time. And  I respected that decision. Now, I question it if only because who knows how different my journalistic career/life would have been had I continued down that path. Then again, if my career was different, would I have met this wonderful man and been planning the most awesome wedding in the world? I truly don't know. But I'm certainly not going to dwell on it.

For now, I'll just keep writing and scoping out potential writing opportunities. You never know when something could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment